PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

When there is a difference of age...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Esk
Innkeeper

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: When there is a difference of age...   Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:20 pm

The neverending discussion about the difference of age in a couple. What's the maximum difference that can be accepted? Where do the problems start? Should always a man be older than a woman in a relationship?

Personally, I've always been with men that were at least 2 years older than me. I would've never thought of accepting someone that was more than 5 years older, and though here I am, 23, with Dany, 33. It's pretty ok, excepting when he says "I'm right, because I'm older than you/ I've seen more/ I have more experience/ you're just a little girl" waiting Especially when it's about a domain that he barely knows and I've studied more than him. That's when I'd so like to slap him. On the other hand, I've been told "oh, lucky you, he must be mature by now, it's not like you'd have to raise a kid". Uh, riiiiiiiiiiight. Being 33 doesn't really stops him from going :tease:at me, nor from doing childish things.

I have a friend that has been in a relationship with a 40 years old man, when she was 17 or 18. I have to admit, she really is more mature than many girls of her age. But personally, I couldn't stand being treated like a little girl that knows nothing or not being taken seriously because of my age. I'm sure there are also great men that wouldn't act like this with a younger partner, but how many?

On the other hand, I could accept a younger partner only if he is, mentally speaking, at least as mature as me. But I never experienced it, cause each time I met someone younger, I automatically placed him in the file "friends only".

Jitter
Newcomer

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: When there is a difference of age...   Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Older for me please.

I was 17-ish hadn't had a date in months and was pretty desperate so we
were out at our favourite rock bar and I happened to meet a guy (who
was very very tall) with a Moonspell t-shirt, named Jeremy. So I'm
sitting there eyeballing him and after a while I started talking to him
about Moonspell. SO at some point I was just looking at him and he was
like "What???" and I replied "Nothing, I just really like your lips.
They just scream 'Kiss me', may I?"

I still can't understand how I ploughed up the courage to say such a thing xD I think I was mostly tipsy though.

He did allow me to kiss him, which came as a shock then cause I
considered myself ugly. It ended weirdly cause after a few hours I
found out he was 15. FUCKING 15 XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esk
Innkeeper

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: When there is a difference of age...   Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:01 pm

15?! That's almost a baby!! Laughing
Youngest I tried was 20 when I was 21. And a half. He was all cute and innocent looking, and we broke up 1 month later because of his mom lmao Talk about maturity lmao

Jitter
Newcomer

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: When there is a difference of age...   Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:26 pm

Hahaha

I one liked a guy two weeks younger than me. Even two weeks make a great difference though xD

Well, I wasn't much older but imagine what two years do when two weeks make an apparent difference Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linderel Silverbell
Contest winner

Female
Number of posts : 53
Humor : odd
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: When there is a difference of age...   Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:27 pm

I've liked a couple of guys who are younger than me, and dated one of them - he's about a year and a half younger. Difference in maturity was never the problem there... or if it was, I was the one who needed to develop. Broken is broken is broken.
But then, I've also liked guys up to four or five years older than myself.

I'd say for me the downward margin is, at the moment, two or three years. Upwards? Maybe six or seven. I know a couple whose age difference is approximately seven years - the girl recently turned 20, and the guy will turn 27 this year - and they seem to be doing well enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When there is a difference of age...   

Back to top Go down

When there is a difference of age...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Red Inn :: The Room With Red Courtains :: Couple discussions-
Jump to: