PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Vampires on screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Esk
Innkeeper

Female
Number of posts : 546
Humor : Bossy
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Vampires on screen   Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 pm

Being a big fan of vampires myself, I just wanted to say how much "Twilight" sucks big time. If that daywalking wannabe is a vampire, then I'm Xena, the warrior princess. He doesn't even look like a vampire, but more like an anemic blonde emokid.
Lestat so rules sleep (i'm talking about Stuart Townsend's interpretation, although he's sort of posing - "Look at me playing the sexeh vampire" - rather than Tom Cruise's stupid, cruel, retarded character. On the other side, I don't even like Tom Cruise, so meh).

So besides the Anne Rice based Queen of the Damned that I'd give an 8 (in my vampire movies top) and Interview with a Vampire that gets a 0,5 (and not just zero, thanks to Claudia's character - Brad Pitt looks as vampirish as the twilighter), other vampire movies I've seen were:

• Underworld 1 & 2 - 9,50/10, me like nod
  • Van Helsing - interesting vampire transformation (Dracula's brides) and a sexy evil Dracula - 9,50/10
  • John Carpenter's Vampires (1998) - sucked big time - 3/ 10
  • Vampires Anonymous - the worse, most pathetic, ridiculous and retarded vampire movie ever - 0/10
  • Dracula 2000 - gets a 6/10 thanks to the sexy vampire (well, it was Gerard Butler drool )

loky
Newcomer

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 am

Queen of the Damned sucks big time!!! It can't even be comared with the book tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esk
Innkeeper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:00 pm

I know, it contains elements from 2 books and it didn't even respect the way Lestat was created (and a lot more stuff). But I'm speaking from the point of view of someone that doesn't know Anne Rice Wink And Lestat is sexy Razz

loky
Newcomer

Male
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:53 pm

i couldn't see the movie the way u see it.. i was so dazzled by the differencies between book and movie that i didn't notice if the movie was well made or the actors played well and the others..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esk
Innkeeper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:31 pm

thanks heavens i read the books after the movie then Laughing
but in my case, each time i read the book before the movie, it ruins it for me. It was the case of, for example, Harry Potter

Esk
Innkeeper

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:58 pm

oh, did i mention Twilight za movie sucked? no pun intended, it really did, was worse than anything i've seen. and stuffed with clichés thumb down

Linn Scarlett
Newcomer

Female
Job/hobbies : Archaeologist
Humor : Bleak to Dark
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Hm. Alright. Here goes.

• Underworld 1 & 2 - I have to say, I haven't really looked at the vampires. I was too busy staring at Lucian through my tear-rimmed eyes. Even more so in the second movie. Though the elders were insanely awesome, true. Loved the little winks at the Draculae-Corvinus historical hate. We all know the wolf and raven tangled quite a few times.
    Van Helsing - Again, I must say, I was too taken by certain peoples big black laberador change-overs. On the other hand, the transformations were awesome! Not really classic-vampire style but still pretty darn cool. Seeing as I am used to the Count doing that stuff in the Castlevania games I didn't hate it unlike all the little fangirls.

Perfect Creature - half the movie I was really wonder wether it was about vampires or just some weird disease...

Blood & Chocolate - thrown off guard by the title, as I thought it was a movie of my favourite Werewolf-tween-book Blood & Chocolate, it turned out to be a vamp movie of the same make. It's like the should-be version of Twillight. Teen drama but with a right amount of guts and cross-clan love.

Blood Rayne movies - more of the above, though it was pretty nice. I'd say thumbs up for the tween feel. Not every teenbased Vampire movie is a Twillight

Dracula 2000 - To be honest I've only seen Butlers ass while watching this movie.

Bram Stoker's Dracula - the movie with Oldman. Need I say more? The look might be a little on the soft side for most, we don't get the chance to see the Counts more bitchy side -the movie is pretty much all about his miserably failed sex life- but thats ok. I really like the way Oldman is able to sketch the emotionally strong points of the book even though its no where near a good rendering of the original story. Mina and he form a terribly cute duo of whom you really feel sorry with that he got staked. The end is hollywood-proof-dramatic. But then again, the original story I was crying over the Count dying too. So. But that could be because I was vividly imagining Vlad... and Denisie can tell you all that bad shit happens when THAT happens to the Linn... Geh. :3

I've seen like a kazillion other vampire movies but I really can't think of them now.
    Oh that one movie with -was it?- Eddy Murphy as the Count. That one is HI-LA-RI-OUS xD
  • Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampires on screen   

Back to top Go down

Vampires on screen
    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1